We are pleased to let you know that we have submitted our application for the redevelopment of Noss-on-Dart Marina. Those of you who are familiar with the site will know that it’s in great need of regeneration, with many of the buildings being derelict. We are therefore proposing to invest £75m to create the finest marina; making it one of the largest infrastructure investments in the area for decades.
As you know, our plans have been drawn up after extensive consultation with the community, Harbour Authority and others and has produced a masterplan that we believe is right for the site and would bring investment to the local area. This would include the creation of between 150-200 jobs once the redevelopment has been completed.
Included in our plans are:
- A new marina layout for around 232 berths plus a dry stack berthing option for 100 or so smaller motor craft
- Onshore provision for the storage of 70 boats in summer and 100 in winter
- 21 commercial units
- New home for South Devon College Marine Academy
- A new dock facility
- 75 tonne boat hoist
- Hotel with 50 rooms, two restaurants and spa
- Passenger ferry link to Dartmouth
- Reinterpretation of the Philips building, with Bistro café and heritage centre
At this stage we are only applying for outline approval for the residential development and if approved, we would then submit a further application at a later stage to agree the design and layout.
An outline of our proposal and the masterplan are available to view at Noss-on-Dart during office opening hours.
To see the full application and make your views known, please go to South Hams Council’s planning portal and enter the reference number: 2161/17/OPA. Your views will be important in helping the council make its decision.